What are Dust Mite Bites? How to Kill Dust Mites?
What are Dust Mites Bites?
Average bed is home to about a million dust mites and their feces are one of the strongest in the world inhaled allergens that irritate hundreds of millions of people, so a large spring cleaning of apartment is supposed to be offensive to these microorganisms. First days of spring are usually used for general cleaning and the first targets should be parasites invisible to our eye, but extremely dangerous to health.
The feces of dust mites are one of the strongest inhaled allergens in the world! It causes strong reactions for asthma sufferers, those who suffer from allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nose), bronchitis and hives. It is an ideal medium for bacterial growth, causing an unpleasant smell of sweat (especially legs) and intensive hair dandruff.
Mites are usually nesting in our warm beds, rugs, favorite chair, clothes … Your face and body is on the first line of house dust mite bites. An average bed is home to about a million dust mites! Even if you change the sheets, they can easily come in contact with you from the mattress, because their size is measured in tenth parts of a millimeter, so through the thickest cloth they are passing like through the open door.
Studies have confirmed that for the cushion, which is 6 years old, 1 / 10 of its weight consists of dead skin cells, living and dead mites and their droppings! Ideal conditions for the mites are temperatures of 25 Celsius and humidity of 75%, so they are less in rooms with dry air at high or low temperatures. Nothing better situation is with plush toys that your kids love to play.
Favorite place in the for dust mites is bed. That is why this pest is usually known as house dust mite. An average mattress is host to between, 100 000 and 10 million dust mites. Their food is skin and hair that you lose while sleeping.
Dust mites prefer certain conditions in the apartment / house. Here’s what they like:
- poor ventilation
- High humidity in the air
- high-temperature above 22 Celsius
- air pollution-mostly due to cigarette smoke or smog
Dust Mite Bites – Dust Mite Allergy
When particles from the feces come into contact with the allergic person, either through inhalation or through skin, allergy-sufferers in the body start making antibodies. The antibodies cause the release of histamine and histamine causes problems in the airway and irritation. These are the most common symptoms of dust mite allergy:
- itching and redness in the eyes
- nasal congestion
- itching in the nose and throat
Dust Mite Bites – How to Kill Dust Mites? How to Get Rid of Dust Mites?
Each of us has an immune system that fights the disease and, if necessary, activates the necessary substance in our body, which function is to stop the disease or infection that has affected us. In the case of some people’s, bodies recognize the factors that are not usually harmful to the body as harmful or destructive, and cause a reaction. Then happens that dust mite bites cause allergy.
It is very common, if you feel stressful and tired in the morning that you were the victim of dust mites bites. If this happens, the best way is to prevent than to cure. Here’s what you can do to reduce the mite population and/or to get rid of dust mites in your house:
- Keep the temperature below 20 Celsius and humidity of the air below 50%. Like other allergens and dust mites love moisture. Device called a dehumidifier (desiccant / air dehumidifier) will help you get rid of excess moisture. Also, households with air conditioning generally have fewer mites than those without air conditioning.
- Vacuum mattress, pillow and bed. The stronger the cleaner, the better.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter should be able to keep the particle size of 3 microns. To get a better picture, 1 centimeter has 10 000 microns.
- Wash sheets, towels and clothes often enough. Bedding should be washed once every two weeks with hot water. Temperature lower than 60 Celsius does not destroy the mites.
- Regularly clean the house. There is no cleaning, which can completely eliminate allergens, but at least this way you can reduce the number.
- Use bedding which prevent house dust mites and other allergens from entering into it, or use synthetic bedding, for the same reason.
- Remove the thick carpets in your room.
- Do not forget to wash toys because they are filled with dust mites.
The difference between bed bugs and dust mites is that dust mites do not bite. They are mostly feeding on leftovers of our skin and hair. Because of this they can cause some serious allergies, as mentioned above. Therefore in US and other parts of the world, dust mites are not treated seriously like bed bugs, which gained popularity because of Bed Bug Registry. Dust mites “bites” can cause dandruff, and we wrote before how to get rid of dandruff. If you want to get rid of bed bugs, please read how to get rid of bed bugs at home article.
In the end of this article we give you some house dust mites bites pictures:
http://feelgoodtime.net/what-are-dust-mite-bites-how-to-kill-dust-mites/http://feelgoodtime.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mite.jpghttp://feelgoodtime.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mite-150x150.jpgHome Healthbites-house-mites-on-bed,dust mites,dust-allergy-causing-dandruff,dust-mite-bites,dust-mite-bites-photos,dust-mite-bites-pictures,dust-mites-bites-pictures,dust-mites-dandruff,dustmiteregistry-com,how-to-avoid-dust-mite-bites,how-to-combat-dust-mite-bites,how-to-eliminate-dust-bites